Date:      Thu, 9 May 2002 09:07:04 -0400
From:      jbw <j.bw@verizon.net>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Portupgrade

--mP3DRpeJDSE+ciuQ

I recently upgraded to portupgrade-20020429.  Since that time I receive the
following error msg whenever I try to run any of the portupgrade utilities.

I.E.  =20

portversion
** Error occured reading /usr/local/etc/pkgtools.conf:
        undefined method `+' for nil

I checked my pkgtools.conf and narrowed down the problem to the following l=
ine.

      ENV['PORTS_INDEX'] ||=3D ENV['PORTSDIR'] + '/INDEX'

This line was uncommented since I had the INDEX file set to something else
instead of INDEX.

If that line is uncommented whether it is set to the default variable or not
I still receive the same error msg. If it is commented out I have no proble=
ms.

Anyone have any ideas on what is causing this?

TIA

jbw

--mP3DRpeJDSE+ciuQ

--mP3DRpeJDSE+ciuQ--