Date:      Fri, 18 Jul 2008 18:15:48 -0700
From:      George Hartzell <hartzell@alerce.com>
To:        Warren Liddell <shinjii@maydias.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Video Card Info

Warren Liddell writes:
 > im looking to purchase the NVIDIA 8800GTX PCI Express Video Card an was
 > wondering if anyone has heard or know of any issues within FreeBSD with this
 > particular video card ?

I use an Nvidia 8800GT in a Mac Pro running -STABLE with the
xf86-video-nv-2.1.8 driver from ports back when I last upgraded and it
works fine.  The driver info in my Xorg.0.log doesn't explicitly
mention the 8800GTX though.  However, there is an entry for it in the
2.1.9 nv_driver.c (which is what's currently in the port tree).

I'm driving a dual-link monitor (30" Dell 3007-WFP) and needed to hack
2.1.8 to re-enable dual-link support that the author had disabled
because it would work reliably in some situations and not at all in
others (depending on how the bios initialized the card, if I
understand his response).  In 2.1.9 he made re-enabling the support a
xorg.conf configuration option (see the Changelog entry for 5/9).

g.