Date:      Thu, 09 Sep 2004 13:01:22 -0700
From:      Mike Hogsett <michael.hogsett@sri.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Port: fontconfig

Greetings list,

I am having a problem with fontconfig from ports.   I wanted
to update X11 to xorg on my alpha box.  I read the 20040723 entry
in /usr/ports/UPDATING and proceeded as instructed.

Now the port build processing is barfing on the build of
fontconfig.

[ I didn't have the actual error message from the alpha box
   since it is at home, but I reproduced it on a FreeBSD/i386
   machine ]

The error message is :

fcfreetype.c: In function `FcFreeTypeQuery':
fcfreetype.c:300: syntax error before `psfontinfo'
fcfreetype.c:759: `psfontinfo' undeclared (first use in this function)
fcfreetype.c:759: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
fcfreetype.c:759: for each function it appears in.)
gmake[2]: *** [fcfreetype.lo] Error 1
gmake[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/ports/x11-fonts/fontconfig/work/fontconfig-2.2.3/src'
gmake[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/ports/x11-fonts/fontconfig/work/fontconfig-2.2.3'
gmake: *** [all] Error 2
*** Error code 2

Stop in /usr/ports/x11-fonts/fontconfig.

Does anyone have suggestions how I can get past this?  I have no
X11 installed on it now and the console is painful.

Host : DEC Alpha Personal Workstation 433a
OS   : FreeBSD/Alpha 4.10-RELEASE-p2

  - Mike