Date:      Wed, 5 Dec 2001 20:37:21 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Thomas P. Holmes [ Systems ]" <tholmes@thebiz.net>
To:        Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>
Cc:        Wilko Bulte <wkb@freebie.xs4all.nl>, freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: disk slices

> The alpha port doesn't use slices (fdisk partitions) because the SRM
> console doesn't understand them & it cannot boot from them.  The alpha
> port has never used slices.

OK I confirmed that I'm a dumba$$ and on the other alpha there are NO
slices.  Sorry it was one of those days :)

Again, thanks all!

________________ http://www.BiznessOnline.com ________________

 Thomas Holmes                    Bizness Online
 Unix Systems Engineer	          Suite 1801
 tholmes@thebiz.net		  11 North Pearl St.
 (518) 533-6522	                  Albany, NY, 12207