Date:      Fri, 18 Apr 1997 09:46:37 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Chris Timmons <skynyrd@opus.cts.cwu.edu>
To:        dennis <dennis@etinc.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Price of FreeBSD (was On Holy Wars...)

Are you trying to win the "Works with eDns!" stamp of approval for
rhetorical acrimony?

You've seen how FreeBSD releases are constructed by breaking off branches
from -current and stabilizing them over a period of time.  Feature sets
appear in -current well before ever making it into a release, so there is
planning time.  As for FreeBSD-SMP, it is no secret that it exists and has
been loosely targeted for 3.0, what more do you want?

I've been tracking FreeBSD development since pre-2.0 and personally feel
that you're being unfairly critical.  IMHO.

-Chris