Date:      Wed, 18 Jan 2006 18:24:26 +0200
From:      Kilian Hagemann <hagemann1@egs.uct.ac.za>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Share desktop with XOrg

On Wednesday 18 January 2006 18:08, User Gandalf pondered:
> Is it possible to share a desktop under the XOrg server? Is there a port
> for this? I'm aware of the -display option of X based programs. What I
> need is not a remote desktop connection. I would like to share my
> desktop to another user so he can see what I see.

Yes, the stock Xorg server doesn't though. You could use VNC, but in my
experience that just opens up another X display where you login separately
using kdm/gdm/xdm or whatever.

I suggest you use KDE's desktop sharing (krfb, in the menu under "System",
part of the "kdenetwork" package, tested on 3.4.1). Does what you want.

--
Kilian Hagemann