Date:      Wed, 10 Jan 2007 22:01:10 +0100
From:      Andrea Venturoli <ml.diespammer@netfence.it>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Why is sysinstall considered end-of-life?

Ivan Voras wrote:

Well, I'll make my statement too...

> Two reasons AFAIK:
>
> 1. it simply doesn't even know how deal with the more modern features
> like GEOM & RAID, more advanced authentication mechanisms (nsswitch),
> and devices like sound cards (there are many more in this list...)

Apart from that, I used to be able to sysinsall a machine booting via
PXE. This doesn't work anymore in recent versions :-(
Or maybe it is just my incompetence, but then, if someone managed this,
I'd like to hear about it.

> 2. it's way past what's currently considered "user friendly"

Please don't get any graphics bloatware in the way. :-)

... just my two eurocents.

  bye
	av.