Date:      Fri, 27 Mar 1998 23:40:06 +0000
From:      robert w hall <bobh@n-cantrell.demon.co.uk>
To:        Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>, support@cdrom.com
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: freebsd.2.2.5 - booting on cyrix 686 M2-MMX

Doug, Phil
Further to my messages on this subject - I have now tried booting the
2.2.5 generic kernel direct from a boot floppy on my Cyrix M2-MMX and
get the same kernel panic message as I get using install in DOS - once
again, it's OK on my 486 (I built my system off it)
(So you're right Phil - it is damn all to do with EMS/VCPI etc)

Bob Hall

In message <Pine.BSF.3.96.980322235740.12642h-100000@gdi.uoregon.edu>,
Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu> writes

--