Date:      Fri, 15 Nov 1996 14:24:27 -0800
From:      "Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com" <michaelv@MindBender.serv.net>
To:        "Rodney W. Grimes" <rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com>
Cc:        chuckr@glue.umd.edu, smp@csn.net, FreeBSD-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: CPU heatsinks

>> stuff" is on the bottom.  The top only says "Intel Pentium Pro".

>Okay, what does it say on the bottom then?  I suspect you have a very
>early chip, probably not even laser etched, which means you could also
>have false markings.

I haven't had my PPro open for probably a month, and probably won't in
the next few days.  I'll try to recite this from memory...

There was something like xx200-256K (the xx's are something I don't
remember).  I do remember that there were numbers under there clearly
identifying it as a 200MHz part with a 256K cache.

Then I remember something like "SY032" as well.  I remember this
because there was a table on the Asus site that said you needed a
SY013 or something like that for something to work.  I remember
thinking min was way newer than that.  Don't know exactly what this
marking means, but the Asus table calls it "CPU Spec".

  Michael L. VanLoon                           michaelv@MindBender.serv.net