Date:      Mon, 17 Dec 2001 08:38:37 -0600
From:      D J Hawkey Jr <hawkeyd@visi.com>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Fwd: [Re: DELACK bugfix: This tbench is giving me a fit]

Hi, All.

A couple of friends are testing my DELACK backport, and their
initial run (pre-patch) of 'tbench' is, well, outrageous. My numbers
weren't anywhere near this bad.

Their boxes are functional, "production" boxes, one is 4.3R and the
other is 4.4S. Their hardware is [relatively] current; certainly not
ancient.

I queried as to whether they remembered to start 'tbench_srv'; one
replied affirmative, the other hasn't gotten back to me on that.
I supplied instructions to them both, and they're not dummies, so
I'm confident they did.

The tests are on 127.1, so NIC and network media shouldn't matter.
As John asks, then, WTF???

TIA,
Dave

--
  ______________________                         ______________________
  \__________________   \    D. J. HAWKEY JR.   /   __________________/

----- Forwarded message from a friend of mine -----

It is taking over 90 minutes to run, take a look at the attached log.
What am I forgetting to do?

John

[router:/usr/local/src/dbench]# time ./tbench 1 localhost
.1 clients started
Throughput 0.0242604 MB/sec (NB=0.0303256 MB/sec  0.242604 MBit/sec)
 5441.96s real     1.20s user     2.16s system

----- End forwarded message -----