Date:      Mon, 6 Nov 2000 07:16:40 +0100
From:      Wilko Bulte <wkb@freebie.demon.nl>
To:        Hank Marquardt <hmarq@yerpso.net>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: A little SMP help?

On Sun, Nov 05, 2000 at 07:24:00PM -0600, Hank Marquardt wrote:

> I track stable on a few boxes and added a new one this weekend - new to FBSD that is, it's an old P133 dual processor box ... it's got a couple quirks, not the least of it is SMP isn't working; kernel compiled OK, the board is recognized and the first CPU is started, but then it just hangs for 45-60secs and then goes on it's merry way with just the one running.  Forgive me if I've missed something elementary - this is my one and only SMP box.  I did a look throught the handbook and a google search but could only find lots of reference to the 5.0 rewrite of SMP.

Hm.. It says:
Waiting 15 seconds for SCSI devices to settle
SMP: AP CPU #1 Launched!

So it should use all 2 CPUs. 'top' will tell you.

BTW please limit lines in your postings to < 80 characters.

W/

--
Wilko Bulte  	 					Arnhem, the Netherlands
wilko@freebsd.org  	http://www.freebsd.org 		http://www.nlfug.nl