Date:      Tue, 17 Mar 2015 14:59:44 +0200
From:      Jukka Ukkonen <jau789@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-ppc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Something missing perhaps?

Hello all,

I was trying to build kyotocabinet from the ports tree
on an old PowerMac G4 Quicksilver, but the attempt failed
in a very peculiar manner...
Do these complaints from cc ring any bells...

./libkyotocabinet.so: undefined reference to `__sync_lock_test_and_set_8'
./libkyotocabinet.so: undefined reference to `__sync_fetch_and_add_8'
./libkyotocabinet.so: undefined reference to
`__sync_bool_compare_and_swap_8'
./libkyotocabinet.so: undefined reference to `__sync_lock_test_and_set_8'
./libkyotocabinet.so: undefined reference to `__sync_fetch_and_add_8'
./libkyotocabinet.so: undefined reference to
`__sync_bool_compare_and_swap_8'

Those missing names are apparenly being referenced by
work/kyotocabinet-1.2.76/kcthread.cc. Since I failed
to find the definition of these names anywhere in the
kyotocabinet source, I assume the names are used in
some compiler header file.
Were those names really intended to be in the headers
as-is or were they actually some sort of place holders
for something which have then been completely forgotten
for some reason?

The all important details of the system are...

# uname -a
FreeBSD yggdrasil 10.1-STABLE FreeBSD 10.1-STABLE #0 r280132: Mon Mar 16
06:12:57 EET 2015     root@yggdrasil:/opt2/obj/usr/src-10.1/sys/GENERIC
 powerpc

# uname -KU
1001510 1001510