Date:      Wed, 21 Dec 1994 06:05:49 -0500 (EST)
From:      Peter Dufault <dufault@hda.com>
To:        lsys@np.ac.sg (SysAdmin - Ng Pheng Siong)
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: floppy error installing 2.0-R

SysAdmin - Ng Pheng Siong writes:

> Hi, all.
>
> I am attempting to install 2.0R on a HP Vectra. Fdisk, disklabel, newfs
> etc proceeded ok. While copying the kernel over, I get the following
> all over sysinstall's screen:
>
> 	recal failed ST0 80<invld> cyl
> 	fd0c: hard error re
> 	ap_hard> ST1 1<no_am>
> 	ST2 0 cyl

(...)

This looks like the "gateway floppy problem" (it shows up on the Micronics
motherboard that had the "gateway keyboard problem").

CORE GROUP-

Can someone who knows something about the floppy contact me?  I'll be
happy to debug this but don't have any documentation on the floppy
controller.  We should try to solve this before a new install floppy is
rolled.

Peter

--
Peter Dufault               Real Time Machine Control and Simulation
HD Associates, Inc.         Voice: 508 433 6936