Date:      Fri, 3 Sep 1999 15:59:54 -0400
From:      bhirt@loopy.berkhirt.com
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        bhirt@mobygames.com
Subject:   Had to dust these babies off...

Hello,

I have two *old* hard drives that I need to get some files off
of, they have been sitting in my closet for years.  The first
hard drive was a data drive I used with 386bsd 0.1.  The second
drive was a data drive that I used with FreeBSD 1.2.  I used the
native partition formats for both, but cannot seem to mount them
on my Linux system because it only supports the BSD 4.4 UFS as
far as I can tell.

I no longer have boot floppies for 386bsd 0.1 or FreeBSD 1.2 and
neither of the hard drives are bootable.

As a last resort I'm planning on backing up my Linux system,
reformatting my hard drive, and installing FreeBSD.  I only want to
do this if FreeBSD can read these old filesystem(s).  So before I
jump the gun, here are my questions:

1) Can FreeBSD 3.2 mount 386bsd 0.1 filesystems?
1) Can FreeBSD 3.2 mount FreeBSD 1.2 filesystems?
3) Can FreeBSD 2.2.8 mount 386bsd 0.1 filesystems?
4) Can FreeBSD 2.2.8 mount FreeBSD 1.2 filesystems?

Anyone know the answer to this one?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Brian Hirt