Date:      Wed, 01 Oct 2003 22:57:53 -0500
From:      "Kevin D. Kinsey, DaleCo, S.P." <kdk@daleco.biz>
To:        Scott Renna <srenna@vdbmusic.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sym links

Scott Renna wrote:

>Hello,
>
>Was wondering two things:
>
>1)  How does one remove a symlink without removing the directory it is
>linking to?

Change the the dir in which the symlink is located
and do 'unlink linkname' ...

2) How can you make a symlink for a user so that it can be seen while
they are in an FTP session. Basically, I have a user who cannot see the
symlink I've set up for them...not sure why.

>Thx
>
>SR

Seems strange. Do they have permissions on the
linked dir?

Perhaps they are using a Microsoft brower-based
FTP. It doesn't seem to "see" symlinks. Can you
wean them to a real client?

Kevin Kinsey