Date:      Wed, 30 Oct 2002 21:09:38 +0100
From:      Paul Everlund <tdv94ped@cs.umu.se>
To:        myraq@mgm51.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: looking for a lightweight web server

> On 10/30/02 at 9:38 AM Rotaru Razvan wrote:
>
> I am looking for a lightweight web server with php support to set
 > up on my FreeBSD system. It is very likely that the only use for
 > that web server will be phpMyAdmin so it should be multithreading
 > and all that stuff.
 > I want something small and very fast (i have a k6-2 500MHz
 > system). If somebody knows can recommend me one i'll be thankfull.
 > All this searching gives me a headache...  :)

I'm running Samba, and Apache with PHP/MySQL, on an old 486 DX-2 (66
MHz) with 40 MB RAM and 2,5 GB HDD. It works as a charm!

So I guess Apache isn't that resource demanding even with mod_php. At
least one is still able to login to the system. :-)

But I would recommend you to set spawned Apache-processes to a mini-
mum. I have set it to...
MinSpareServers 5
MaxSpareServers 10
...while you probably could set it to 2 and 2 I guess.

Best regards,
Paul