Date:      Fri, 25 Feb 2000 12:57:32 +1100 (EST)
From:      Brendan Kosowski <brendan@bmk.com.au>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>, FreeBSD Networking <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   natd/pppd problem

I am trying to run natd using ppp0 as the public interface.

I have set up IPFIREWALL and IPDIVERT in my kernel.
My system has the following interfaces: ed1 and ppp0.

When my system boots the kernel gives me the following message:

"IP packet filtering initialized, divert disabled, logging disabled."

I have set up an OPEN firewall and enabled NATD with ppp0 as the public
interface in my rc.conf. GATEWAY is also ON.

If I drop the divert rule from my firwall rules the box works O.K. as a
gateway.

Can anyone help ???

Thanks.