Date:      Thu, 03 Feb 2000 14:07:43 -0500
From:      John <papalia@udel.edu>
To:        Mauricio Marquez <mmarquez@enlace.net>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: deleting a nasty directory entry

One more shot....

First, when you're using the single quotes, I'm assuming you're using the
single quote right below the double quotes?  This may actually depend upon
which shell you're running.  Which one are you?  I tested it in csh, and I
believe it works in ksh as well.  Perhaps temporarily change shells and
give it a whirl?

Also, you might want to try:

That or some other permutation of the above.  Make REALLLLLY certain tho
that you don't have any other directories or files in the "rogue"
directory's parent directory that are similar that you want to keep.

--John