Date:      31 Dec 2003 20:39:44 -0500
From:      Lowell Gilbert <freebsd-questions-local@be-well.ilk.org>
To:        "Chad Albert" <Chad.Albert@myhealthcarefirst.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mail

"Chad Albert" <Chad.Albert@myhealthcarefirst.com> writes:

> I am writing a script that mails me when certain events occur.  I am
> using mail(1) to notify me by email when some things happen.  I have
> read the man page and I don't see a way to attach a file, does anyone
> know how to use mail(1) to attach a file?

You don't, at least not as a MIME attachment (mail(1) doesn't
understand MIME).  You can include a file in the message;
traditionally, by using uuencode(1) if the file is binary...

--
Lowell Gilbert, embedded/networking software engineer, Boston area:
		resume/CV at http://be-well.ilk.org:8088/~lowell/resume/