Date:      Tue, 29 Jul 2014 16:18:10 +0100
From:      Karl Pielorz <kpielorz_lst@tdx.co.uk>
To:        Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>, freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 10.0-R connected to Cisco switch (in 'trunk' mode with native VLAN) - doesn't work?

--On 29 July 2014 09:24 -0400 Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net> wrote:

> Would it not be better to have
>
> switchport trunk allowed vlan 2200-2300
>
> otherwise its not clear to me what would be tagged and what would not be
> tagged as vlan 2000, no ?

I don't think that's the issue - I've had a couple of emails from other
people who have this setup working, so I'd guess that's just a syntactical
'whats better / worse' kind of thing...

>  Do you really need to send a mix of tagged and
> untagged frames on the port ?

Yes, the project involves an element of migration - existing hosts being
brought over will not have VLAN support, and a requirement is for them to
just 'drop in' to the network, and still work.

Thanks to those who replied (on and off list) - I've been able to create a
test setup in house, which doesn't seem to have the issue - so I'll do some
more digging around comparing that, to the remote kit / setup.

I was just ruling out any known issues doing this kind of thing (which
there doesn't appear to be).

Regards,

-Karl