Date:      Tue, 23 Jan 2001 20:49:12 -0600
From:      Erick Kinnee <erick@kinnee.net>
To:        Ian Cartwright <icartwright@mediaone.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: MS Intellimouse Explorer

On Tue, Jan 23, 2001 at 09:37:20PM -0500, Ian Cartwright wrote:
> Has anyone out there had any luck with the Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer
> and FreeBSD? Are there any special settings for using it in either the
> console or X? I recently got one, but it jumps all over the screen. I've read
> man pages for psm and moused and tried a few different tactics to make it
> work with no luck...
>
> Anyone able to make it work? Anyone having the same problem?

If it's a USB one try the following. Not sure if the Intellimouse Explorer
is anything but USB.

rc.conf:
usbd_enable="YES"
moused_enable="YES"
moused_type="auto"
moused_port="/dev/ums0"

XF86Config for 4.0.2:
Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Mouse0"
	Driver      "mouse"
	Option      "Resolution" "200"
	Option      "Protocol" "MouseSystems"
	#       Option          "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
	#       Option          "Buttons" "5"
	Option      "Device" "/dev/sysmouse"
EndSection

--
Steele's Plagiarism of Somebody's Philosophy:
	Everybody should believe in something -- I believe I'll have