Date:      Tue, 1 Apr 2003 14:31:12 +0930
From:      "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
To:        Fred Clift <fclift@verio.net>
Cc:        Dag-Erling =?iso-8859-1?q?Sm=F8rgrav?= <des@ofug.org>
Subject:   Re: HEADSUP: XFree86 4.3.0 update

On Tue, 18 Mar 2003 11:55, Daniel O'Connor wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-03-18 at 02:54, Fred Clift wrote:
> This is interesting because I had a crash with Mozilla which only
> stopped when I built WITHOUT_XFT.
>
> I have updated fontconfig, freetype etc.. with no luck :(

Not sure I replied to this but..

The solution was that I had a font directory X knew about but not fontconfig
:(

(I have the fonts from my Windows install in the X font path)

I put the missing font path in fontconfig's config file and it worked fine.

Not a great failure mode however :(

are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum
GPG Fingerprint - 9A8C 569F 685A D928 5140  AE4B 319B 41F4 5D17 FDD5