Date:      Mon, 14 Jan 2002 16:28:16 +0200
From:      Ruslan Ermilov <ru@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Bri <brian@ukip.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Slight Problem when Upgrading to 4.5 RC1

On Mon, Jan 14, 2002 at 02:37:19PM -0000, Bri wrote:
> when I was upgrading to 4.5 RC1 and I tryed to do make world first in
> /usr/src and it broke after a several minutes of running so what I did was a
> make clean and tryed it again and it did the same. I've included the a last
> bit of the make world where it died.
>
> Although when I did a make buildworld everything went ok. Then I compiled
> the kernel and rebooted and its been running ever since.

This doesn't seem to show the actual error.  Are you perhaps only
redirected stdout?  If so, please use script(1) and resend your
output.

Also, what is the FreeBSD version you're upgrading from?  The
earliest FreeBSD version that could be source-upgraded to 4.5-RC
is 4.1-RELEASE.  (After I get the 4.0-RELEASE CD, I will try to
make the 4.0-RELEASE -> 4.5-STABLE source upgrade path possible
as well.)

Cheers,
--
Ruslan Ermilov		Oracle Developer/DBA,