Date:      Thu, 17 Jun 1999 16:41:52 -0400
From:      Mitch Collinsworth <mkc@Graphics.Cornell.EDU>
To:        "Ronald F. Guilmette" <rfg@monkeys.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Desperate to shrink a partition

>No, it just means that the thing now takes frequent breaks... to recover
>for its various and sundry kernel crashes which (for the reasons I have
>explained) I am not able to debug at the moment.

My guess is you have either a hardware problem or one of you
enemies has figured out a way to crash your system.

>P.S.  *Somebody* needs to be cataloging all of these *&^%$#@ spam spewing
>unsecured mail relays...  like for instance the 120 of them that IMRSS
>has located at Cornell.

Unfortunately I'm not aware of anyone at Cornell who has asked you to
audit our systems for us.

>(Some other group has been scanning for, and publishing data about smurf
>amplifiers for some time now.

If we're thinking about the same group, they don't probe systems without
being asked to.

>The IMRSS project is just doing the same
>stuff in the case of "spam amplifiers".  But I digress.)

Except we didn't ask for your "help".

-Mitch