Date:      Mon, 2 Dec 1996 11:57:57 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        System Administrator <root@mail.blink.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: your mail

Installation questions belong on questions@freebsd.org, not doc.  I'll
forward this to the proper list.  Thanks.

On Sun, 1 Dec 1996, System Administrator wrote:

> Help  I am trying to install free bsd
> on my computer but have run into some problems.
> I get everything installed ok except I cant
> seem to get the partition info right.
> it either comes up and does nothing,
> or, it says no operating system or
> if I choose to use the boot manager, it
> pops up and does nothing.  in the installation,
> what should the setting for the bootable partition be?

If you're getting 'No Operating System' then you're one step away.  In
those cases, use a DOS boot floppy and reset one of the partitions on your
first disk to 'active'.  Then all should be well.

In the other two cases, you need to be more specific as to what happens.

http://gladstone.uoregon..edu/~dwhite    | Computer Science Major