Date:      Wed, 4 Sep 2002 14:49:33 +0200
From:      Joao Schim <joao@bowtie.nl>
To:        Edwin Groothuis <edwin@mavetju.org>
Cc:        Yoichi NAKAYAMA <yoichi@eken.phys.nagoya-u.ac.jp>, FreeBSD-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Checksum mismatch for netscape-remote

Thanks for helping out. I removed the files from the distfiles
repository and tried again.

Here's the output:

hume# rm -rf /usr/ports/distfiles/netscape-remote
hume# cvs update
cvs server: Updating .
cvs server: Updating files
hume# make
>> remote.c doesn't seem to exist in /usr/ports/distfiles/netscape-remote.
>> Attempting to fetch from http://home.netscape.com/newsref/std/.
fetch: remote.c: Moved Temporarily
>> Attempting to fetch from ftp://ftp.FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/distfiles/netscape-remote/.
fetch: remote.c: size of remote file is not known
Receiving remote.c: 19270 bytes
19270 bytes transferred in 0.0 seconds (1.82 MBps)
>> vroot.h doesn't seem to exist in /usr/ports/distfiles/netscape-remote.
>> Attempting to fetch from http://home.netscape.com/newsref/std/.
fetch: vroot.h: Moved Temporarily
>> Attempting to fetch from ftp://ftp.FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/distfiles/netscape-remote/.
fetch: vroot.h: size of remote file is not known
Receiving vroot.h: 5049 bytes
5049 bytes transferred in 0.0 seconds (3.91 MBps)
===>  Extracting for netscape-remote-1.0_1
>> Checksum mismatch for netscape-remote/remote.c.
>> Checksum mismatch for netscape-remote/vroot.h.
Make sure the Makefile and distinfo file (/usr/ports/www/netscape-remote/distinfo)
are up to date.  If you are absolutely sure you want to override this
check, type "make NO_CHECKSUM=yes [other args]".
*** Error code 1

Maybe fetch's "size of remote file is not known" has something to do
with it..

Anyway i think I'll go for the NO_CHECKSUM anyway, the code seems to be ok.

Thanks again,

Joao