Date:      Thu, 29 Jul 1999 16:13:08 -0700
From:      Parker Brown <phbrown@gte.net>
To:        Tech Support <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Compiler Errors During Kernel Rebuild

Kernel successfully compiled after adding:

controller   snd0
device    sb0   at isa? port 0x220 irq 5 drq 3
        SBC_IRQ=5

/usr/sbin/config throws out the SBC_IRQ=5 statement, but during the
actual make I notice a compiler option -DSBC_IRQ=5, so the irq gets
passed thru successfully.  However, among the last boot messages are:

sb_reset_dsp failed
sb0 not found at 0x220

Well, Wyndoze 98 finds it there.  Anyway, right behind a "controler
pnp0"  statement, I have now added, as suggested in
/sys/i386/isa/snd/README, the following line:

device   pcm0  at isa? port 0x220 tty irq 5  drq 3 flags 0x15

and now the make is unsuccessful.  After make clean, make depend, and
then make, the compile runs apparently normally until the end, when it
spits out a series of statememts like:

sb_dsp.o(text addr): multiple definitions of  'sb_cmd2

and then a series of something like:

sb_midi-0(test addr)undefined reference to 'sbc_base'

and then it halts.  Can anyone help?

PB