Date:      Thu, 25 Jun 1998 18:58:41 +0930
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        Roman Katsnelson <romank@graphnet.com>, "q's" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: BSDI command

On Wednesday, 24 June 1998 at 16:48:46 -0400, Roman Katsnelson wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to install software ported to BSD/OS on FreeBSD, because
> from what I understand they are very similar.
>
> What I need to know is, is there an equivalent for the "installsw"
> command in FreeBSD?

Nothing compatible.  If you have BSD/OS, you should be able to run
installsw on FreeBSD.  Otherwise you'll find that the main archive is
a tar file, and you'll have to extract it manually with tar.  I seem
to remember that there's some doubt about the base directory into
which the software gets installed, but you should be able to figure it
out.

Greg