Date:      Tue, 1 Jan 2002 17:27:03 +0100
From:      aaron <aaron@lo-res.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   apropos Euro

A tought....

Yesterday after a very nice new years eve party, I was wondering
if the Euro Symbol (character code 164 on iso-8859-15) was supported.

Not that it would make much difference. I guess I any everyone else will be
perfectly all right to just spell out "EURO" but I believe it would be a nice
thing to have a pointer to a HOWTO somewhere (especially _now_ :)

So far, I was able to display the Euro symbol but could not find a way to
convince the console, KDE, emacs or vi to accept it on the keyboard (ALT-Gr E
over here).
Any ideas?

Sooo... if there is a simple answer I will take a few hours off to write a
short HOWTO.

greetings,
aaron

--