Date:      Mon, 3 Nov 1997 13:59:38 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Brian N. Handy" <handy@sag.space.lockheed.com>
To:        Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Status:  TP560

Well, running the most recent -STABLE additions plus the patch Nate posted
here, my laptop 'mostly' works.  I can suspend with either my 3C589D or my
Megahertz XJ4336 installed and it suspends and resumes like it's supposed
to.

The only problem I have now is sometimes on resume it doesn't get the card
back in the system correctly.  What do I mean?  Well, when you pull a
card, you get something like this:

Nov  3 13:54:33 kriek /kernel: Card removed, slot 0

And later, when either you resume or you insert a card, you first get...

Nov  3 13:54:41 kriek /kernel: Card inserted, slot 0

...followed by a short time period, then a:

Nov  3 13:54:51 kriek /kernel: ep0: utp/bnc[*UTP*] address 00:60:97:8d:83:ba

My problem seems to be that when I suspend, it doesn't always finish the
above job upon resume.  I get the message that the card was inserted, but
it never finishes coming up.  (E.g., this second line never makes it into
the syslog.)  This happens with both my enet card and the modem card.
Popping the card out and putting it back in always works.

Brian