Date:      Fri, 24 Oct 2008 16:30:35 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Nate Eldredge <neldredge@math.ucsd.edu>
To:        Steve Franks <stevefranks@ieee.org>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: neophyte: tcsetattr() gives 22 error in i386, not in amd64?

On Fri, 24 Oct 2008, Steve Franks wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm getting a 22 errno from tcsetattr() on 7-STABLE i386 in code which
> was working under 7-STABLE amd64.  Serial device is a ucom (silabs
> cp2103).  Permissions on /dev/cuaU0 look fine.  Cutecom/Minicom
> appears to open the port without error...

I don't see anything obviously wrong, but I'd bet a bug related to
32/64-bit types.  Can you post a complete piece of code that can be
compiled and run and demonstrates the problem?  Also, try compiling with
-Wall -W and investigate any warnings that are produced.

By the way, errno 22 is EINVAL, "Invalid argument".  perror() is your
friend.

[snip code]

--

Nate Eldredge