Date:      12 Jul 2000 16:54:28 +0200
From:      Rasmus Kaj <kaj@raditex.se>
To:        Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>
Cc:        Rasmus Kaj <kaj@raditex.se>
Subject:   Re: advise

 SH> On Wed, 12 Jul 2000 16:56:41 +0300, "Tzvetan Tzankov" wrote:

 >> That's what I wanted to tell you. May be it is stupid but that's it.

 SH> Stupid's a strong word.  I think "content-free" more accurately
 SH> describes your e-mail.  [ ... ]

Actually, I think I can extract an actual suggestion from Tzvetan's
mail:

Either on the front page of http://www.FreeBSD.org/, or at least on
availability.html, there should be a short and simple statement like
"The latest release of FreeBSD is 4.0. See also the _release_history_
and the _known_problems_".

In the sample text, _release_history_ is a link to /releases/ and
_known_problems_ is a link to a user-friendly search engine for the
gnats database, FAQ and handbook (and possibly the questions and
stable mail archives), but without the complexity of
/search/search.html and /cgi/query-pr-summary.cgi?query (maybe with
links to those search engines for those who can take the complexity
and want the power).

--
Rasmus Kaj -------------------- rasmus@kaj.se - http://Raditex.se/~kaj/
 \                      Intolerance is the last defense of the insecure