Date:      Wed, 29 Aug 2001 16:08:22 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Paul English <penglish@hydro.washington.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   SCSI error before system crash

(subscribed myself to the list as I didn't get any replies and I want to
make sure this gets through)

Hi,
	I'm getting the following error printed *many* times to the
console directly before a system crash:
"AHC0; AHC_INTR - referenced SCB not valid during SELTO SCB(15, 12)"

From my search of the archives, it seems to be related to the SCSI system
somehow. I'm using an Adaptec 2940UW with an Arena RAID array, and one
internal SCSI drive (IBM 18gb would be my guess, but the system is
fscking right now and I don't want to interrupt it to find out). I'm
running 4.1-stable, and whatever kernel came with it.

The error always seems to occur when someone starts up a long job which is
reading and writing to the RAID array. It opens a large file, and
reads/writes small files. It always seems to occur in the same place when
processing these files. When it comes back up I will see if I can just cat
the file that it is reading when it goes down.

Any input would be helpful. I'm not subscribed to the list, so please cc
me.

Paul