Date:      Sun, 5 Mar 2000 16:48:43 -0500 (EST)
From:      Dru <genisis@istar.ca>
To:        Jim Conner <jconner@enterit.com>
Cc:        Fawaz Talal <bsdi@usa.net>, FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: SiS 6326

I have one of these cards, and had a helluva time getting it to work; I
even read the doc for this card (usually stubborn trial and error lets me
build with other cards). To quote:

/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/doc/README.SiS

"The generic VGA driver doesn't work with 6326, so XF86Setup can't be used
for this card.  Please use XF86Config instead."

Then there's other disclaimers for problems with snow, black screens, etc.

I used XF86Config to create a useable X GUI (running Windowmaker) with
this incantation:

SVGA at 800x600 and 8bpp

However, when I start it up, I have an irritating 1 inch square of white
where the cursor should be. The first time I right click, I get a cursor,
but my blue wallpaper turns white; other than that, works great ;)

If you come up with a better recipe, let me know.

Dru