Date:      Wed, 22 Oct 1997 08:57:23 +0900
From:      itojun@itojun.org
To:        Bill Fenner <fenner@freebsd.org>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD ports: 1 unfetchable distfiles: sysutils/mei

	The daily "distfiles check" reported me that sysutils/mei is
	not fetchable.

>	You are listed as the FreeBSD port maintainer for 1 port
>whose distfiles are not fetchable from their MASTER_SITES.  Could you
>please visit
>http://www.freebsd.org/~fenner/portsurvey/itojun@itojun.org.html

	However, it is fetchable, at least by /usr/bin/fetch comes with
	2.2.2-RELEASE.
	The DISTFILES in question is at:
		http://www.vector.co.jp/authors/VA001240/archive/mei153s.tgz
	and www.vector.co.jp returns http redirection to
		http://spock.vector.co.jp/authors/VA001240/archive/mei153s.tgz
	The author of the original source suggested me to use "www" not "spock"
	so I obeyed him.

	How should I handle this?  Could distfiles checker be upgraded so that
	properly recognize http redirection?  or I should point "spock" for
	DISTFILES?

	See here for detailed report:
	http://www.freebsd.org/~fenner/portsurvey/sysutils.html#mei

itojun