Date:      Thu, 3 Jun 2004 23:04:55 -0700
From:      "Grover Lines" <grover@ceribus.net>
To:        <freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org>
Subject:   ACPI Interupt storm detected

I've been building world on a daily basis and starting May 16 my kernel was
hanging with ACPI enabled. Anyway since a couple days ago the system boots
fine but hangs on reboot. My system is a K7S5A and here's my debugging info
so that maybe it will help someone to fix the issue.

boot -v with ACPI enabled    http://www.ceribus.net/freebsd/dmesg.txt
boot -v with ACPI disabled   http://www.ceribus.net/freebsd/dmesg-wo.txt

ASL 	http://www.ceribus.net/freebsd/grover-k7s5a.asl

hellhound# sysctl hw.acpi
hw.acpi.supported_sleep_state: S1 S4 S5
hw.acpi.power_button_state: S5
hw.acpi.sleep_button_state: S1
hw.acpi.lid_switch_state: NONE
hw.acpi.standby_state: S1
hw.acpi.suspend_state: S3
hw.acpi.sleep_delay: 1
hw.acpi.s4bios: 0
hw.acpi.verbose: 0
hw.acpi.disable_on_poweroff: 0
hw.acpi.reset_video: 1
hw.acpi.cpu.cx_supported: C1/0
hw.acpi.cpu.cx_lowest: C1
hw.acpi.cpu.cx_history: 7673/0

If I set hw.acpi.disable_on_poweroff=1 I get a irq storm with the following
output.

Waiting (max 60 seconds) for system process vnlru' to stop...stopped Waiting
(max 60 seconds) for system process bufdaemon' to stop... Interupt storm
detected on "irq9: acpi0"; throttling interupt source stopped Waiting (max
60 seconds) for system process syncer' to stop...stopped

Synching disks, buffers remaining... 20 20 9 9 Done
Uptime: 6m9s

Hangs.......

Any help is appreciated