Date:      	Sun, 23 Mar 1997 12:24:58 -0800
From:      mohan@netapp.com (Mohan Srinivasan)
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD on 5x86 and K5 systems/XF86 and the Matrox Mystique card...

Hi,

I am looking to put together a (El Cheapo) second PC for home use running
FreeBSD. I'm looking for some input from users who've tried running FreeBSD
on a 5x85/K5 based machine, and running XF86 on the Matrox Mystique card.

I'm looking to buy a 5x86-133 or a K5 based motherboard. I'd like to
know of there are problems running FreeBSD on such boards.

(Failing this, my next choice would be a P5 based motherboard (the ad I have
doesn't specify the manufacturer of the motherboard, so I assume it'd be an
Intel motherboard) with the Triton chipset. I presume FreeBSD would run
cleanly on this).

I was also looking to buy a Matrox Mystique card. Is this card supported
by XF86 ? Are there any known problems with this card, as far as running X
is concerned ?

Could you please reply by e-mail to me at mohan@netapp.com ?

thanks

mohan