Date:      Wed, 12 Nov 2003 15:45:37 -0500
From:      "John Page" <johnpage@bedrockjava.com>
To:        <freebsd-java@freebsd.org>
Subject:   update on JVM ... Tomcat quesion

------=_NextPart_000_0034_01C3A934.04A14FE0

Update: My Java Virtual Machine has been working fine so far with the diablo
jdk 1.3.1. Earlier I wrote concerned that I was forced to install
XFree86-libraries-4.3.0_1 instead of version _5. (This is the only version
available for FreeBSD 4.8, my OS ) The JVM hasn't been taxed to the max just
yet, but it seems to work just fine for running a Tomcat Server.

New Question: Has anyone installed mod_jk2 on FreeBSD to connect their
apache server to Tomcat? The source file online at jakarta.apache presently
seems incomplete. The only binary available is the Solaris version which
doesn't have its files laid out properly for FreeBSD.

Any helpful suggestions would be welcome. ... Or if anyone has a copy of a
FreeBSD (4.8) compatible mod_jk2 binary sitting around....

John

John Page, SCJP
johnpage@bedrockjava.com

http://www.bedrockjava.com