Date:      Thu, 13 Jan 2000 08:57:56 -0600
From:      Chris Cook <ccook@tcworks.net>
To:        Mike <mikey@kappaisle.com>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Cisco Ethernet WAN module?

Mike wrote:

> Hi everyone!
>
> I've been searching and browsing the Cisco web site for a router that has
> either a built-in ethernet WAN connection or optional ethernet WAN module,
> unfortunately only the high-end routers have that kind of feature.
>
> However, the 2514, 2611 and 3620 series routers support dual-LAN routing,
> which in theory is equivalent to LAN/WAN routing.  I'm not sure if using
> dual-LAN routing would work for routing our LAN through ethernet
> connection.

Eh?  "I'm not sure if using dual-LAN routing would work for routing our
LAN through ethernet"  Well, if I'm understanding what you are trying to
say a Cisco 2621 will work for you.  It has two Fast Ethernet ports and
WIC (WAN Interface Card) ports.

--
Chris

|Chris Cook - Technician  |  TCWORKS.NET - http://www.tcworks.net |