Date:      Wed, 20 Aug 1997 10:34:15 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Udo Wolter <uwp@ukrv.de>
To:        luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it (Luigi Rizzo)
Cc:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: snd970814.tgz

> > Sorry, dmesg runs full. But here's what /var/log/messages said (seems to be
> > the same as dmesg):
> >
> > Aug 18 14:30:45 low-tech /kernel: pcm0 at 0x 220 irq 5 drq 1 mem 0x       0 flag
> > s 0x       0 en 1 confl 0
>
> I need a few lines before when it probes the PnP devices, sorry. Can
> you run pnpinfo and send me the output ? Otherwise I don't know what
> the PnP ID of your card is, and I cannot make it recongnized.

/var/log/messages:

Aug 18 13:44:36 low-tech /kernel: Probing for PnP devices:
Aug 18 13:44:36 low-tech /kernel: No Plug-n-Play devices were found

pnpinfo:

Checking for Plug-n-Play devices...
Trying Read_Port at 203
Trying Read_Port at 243
Trying Read_Port at 283
Trying Read_Port at 2c3
Trying Read_Port at 303
Trying Read_Port at 343
Trying Read_Port at 383
Trying Read_Port at 3c3
No Plug-n-Play devices were found

Maybe it's another kind of card ? Don't forget that it's a notebook.
Notebooks are often very strange...:-(

> > But when I tried to kick it to MSS, I got this (only when the system didn't
> > hang up during probing):
> >
> > Aug 18 14:16:38 low-tech /kernel: pcm0 at 0x 534 irq 5 drq 1 mem 0x       0 flag
>
> at the very least you have to put 0x530 as the base address (old
> WSS/MSS cards had 4 io ports to configure the IRQ and DMA, followed by
> the codec at 0x534. For historical reasons one has to put 0x530 in the
> driver... I know it is a big source of confusion, I'll try to make the
> probe code smarter.

Ok. I can try this too.

Thanx & Bye,
		Udo