Date:      Thu, 20 Feb 2003 09:08:24 +0100 (CET)
From:      "Luca Pizzinato" <mail@pizzinato.it>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   SUMMARY: processes swap allocation

Hi again.
I recently asked:

| Hi All.
|
| Anyone of you out there knows a simple way to calculate
| the swap space allocated by each process?
|
| I've got a 450 here, running an oracle database, that
| for some reason is eating up little by little all available
| swap space, until it crashes.
| I'm currently trying to track down the responsible process(es).
|
| Any help is highly appreciated.
|
| Regs

Ok, most of the people pointed me to
-  top
-  output of ps command with various options like
      "ps -efly"   or
      "ps -e -o user,pid,vsz | sort -n"
-  get into more per-process detail with the tools under /usr/proc/bin,
typically "pmem -x" or the like.

Unfortunately I already used all of them, the problem is that there must
be some proces that wakes up, eat up the memory and quits leaving the
memory allocated. Quite tricky to track down I guess.

I'll post a follow up eventually.

Regs