Date:      Wed, 19 Jan 2005 15:48:48 +0100
From:      Clement Laforet <sheepkiller@cultdeadsheep.org>
To:        Ingmar Gebert <ingmar.gebert@uni-rostock.de>
Cc:        apache@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: mod_musicindex-0.99.7

--4Ckj6UjgE2iN1+kY

On Wed, Jan 19, 2005 at 02:57:08PM +0100, Ingmar Gebert wrote:
Hi,

> the files of this port to be read by the web server (images and CSS) are=
=20
> installed to /usr/local/www instead of the standard document root folder=
=20
> /usr/local/www/data.

First of all, there no "official layout" for webapps.
OTOH, as mnaintainer of apache ports, I consider ${PREFIX}/www/data=20
should only be used by default webpage(s) of webservers (apache,=20
monkey  etc...). webapps (or any webcontent created by ports) have to=20
be put in ${PREFIX}/www/${PORTNAME}.
BTW, it has to be discussed to find a clever and modular policy=20
about webapps.

> Also, the module does not seem to read these files from the location=20
> specified in the <Directory> directive in httpd.conf. It always tries to=
=20
> read from <host>/musicindex. Is this path fixed at compile time ?

I'll have a look at it tonight, but BTW, it can be fixed by tweaking=20
apache config (by using Alias directive).
Thanks for the report.

clem

--4Ckj6UjgE2iN1+kY

--4Ckj6UjgE2iN1+kY--