Date:      Fri, 06 Nov 1998 16:02:59 -0500
From:      "Steve Friedrich" <SteveFriedrich@Hot-Shot.com>
To:        "FreeBSD User Questions List" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, "Joe \"Marcus\" Clarke" <marcus@jaguar.ir.miami.edu>
Subject:   Re: Compaq 590XL and X

On Fri, 06 Nov 1998 15:54:41 -0500 (EST), Joe \"Marcus\" Clarke wrote:

>I know this is a question for Compaq, but I also know I'd get quicker
>service here.  I'm trying to setup X under 2.2.7 with a Compaq 590XL, and
>I'd like to know what video card is OEM'd with this box.  Compaq's website
>is vague, and I've heard rumors it uses a Matrox.  Any ideas?  Thanks.

It's probably vague so they can "slipstream" a different video board
anytime they
can get a better deal.  If you have DOS, you can go into debug and go
the video BIOS address space and it will have a manufacturer's ID
string
telling what kind of video it is.  If you have Winblows, you can use
MSD.

Someone else may have other alternatives... HTH

Unix systems measure "uptime" in years, Winblows measures it in minutes.