Date:      Thu, 19 Apr 2007 14:17:20 +0100
From:      Tom Evans <tevans.uk@googlemail.com>
To:        Abdullah Ibn Hamad Al-Marri <almarrie@gmail.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: MS, Adobe competition heats up, Will Adobe wake and port Flash to BSD?

--=-rfZxhob8Nh5QAhfyLrtA

On Thu, 2007-04-19 at 06:59 +0300, Abdullah Ibn Hamad Al-Marri wrote:
> On 4/18/07, illoai@gmail.com <illoai@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 17/04/07, Abdullah Ibn Hamad Al-Marri <almarrie@gmail.com> wrote:
> > . . .
> > > Porting Flash to more OSes will sure will make adobe beats MS when it
> > > comes to web media.
> >
> > I hope they kill each other and take the whole
> > retch-media enhanced web experience with
> > them flaming into the pit of hell from which
> > they came.
> >
> > But that's just my opinion.

>=20
> I'm sorry but rich media is a fact in the web, and you can't ignore it.
>=20
> Flash is used with Yahoo! maps, and so with alot of useful apps like
> stocks prices ..etc.

Google Maps works just fine without flash - why would you want to
constrain your viewport to some poxy applet control?
If I want to watch a video, I want to use mplayer, not Firefox,

>=20
> Instead of ignoring it, we should see it ported to FreeBSD.

I write web applications for a living, and quite happily ignore the
steaming pile of excrement that is rich media applets - the number of
3rd party browser addons whose sole purpose is to disable flash
reassures me that I'm not alone in this view

--=-rfZxhob8Nh5QAhfyLrtA

--=-rfZxhob8Nh5QAhfyLrtA--