Date:      Wed, 19 Mar 2003 15:57:35 +0000
From:      Daniel Bye <dan@slightlystrange.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: how to do port forwarding

On Wed, Mar 19, 2003 at 09:53:05AM -0600, Darryl Hoar wrote:
> Greetings,
> I have a firewall running 4.7-stable.  It has ipftable, and nat.  It is
> my firewall for my home lan.  I am wanting to play a game with
> friends on the internet.  I also want to host a multiplayer game
> on my machine.   How do I setup the firewall to forward port
> 5310 to my windows 2000 pc (the game machine) ?
>
> a pointer to a tutorial would be just fine, if appropriate.

Check out the NAT section in the handbook:

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/natd.html

You will be particularly interested in the redirect_port option.

HTH

Dan

--
Daniel Bye

PGP Key fingerprint: 3D73 AF47 D448 C5CA 88B4 0DCF 849C 1C33 3C48 2CDC
                                                                     _
                                              ASCII ribbon campaign ( )
                                         - against HTML, vCards and  X
                                - proprietary attachments in e-mail / \