Date:      Fri, 15 Nov 2002 12:28:42 -0500 (EST)
From:      Mark Stosberg <mark@summersault.com>
To:        AlanE <alane@geeksrus.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD Ports List <ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: phoenix "make install" failure on FreeBSD 4.6.2

On Fri, 15 Nov 2002, AlanE wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 15, 2002 at 08:56:50AM -0500, Mark Stosberg wrote:

> >> It's x11-fonts/Xft that it wants.
> >
> >Thanks for the response Alan. That port doesn't exist on my system, even
> >though I cvsup regularly. Here's what I have in the x11-fonts directory:
>
> What tag are do you have in your ports sup file? Ports doesn't have
> tags like src/ does. Check the handbook for details, but I bet your
> cvsup isn't fetching the right versions of files.
>
> >Makefile
> >README.html
> >XFree86-4-font100dpi
> >XFree86-4-font75dpi
> >XFree86-4-fontCyrillic
> >XFree86-4-fontDefaultBitmaps
> >XFree86-4-fontEncodings
> >XFree86-4-fontLatin2
> >XFree86-4-fontScalable
> >Xg
> >artwiz-fonts

I just verified that I was cvsup'ing "ports-all" and "ports-base".
However, I just tried this, and the "Xft" package was found and updated:

#####
root@asana> cvsup -i ports/x11-fonts/X* /usr/share/examples/cvsup/ports-supfile
Connected to cvsup6.FreeBSD.org
Falling back to protocol version 16.1
Updating collection ports-all/cvs
 Checkout ports/x11-fonts/Xft/Makefile
 Checkout ports/x11-fonts/Xft/distinfo
 Checkout ports/x11-fonts/Xft/files/patch-Makefile.in
 Checkout ports/x11-fonts/Xft/files/patch-xft.pc.in
 Checkout ports/x11-fonts/Xft/pkg-comment
 Checkout ports/x11-fonts/Xft/pkg-descr
 Checkout ports/x11-fonts/Xft/pkg-plist
 Edit ports/x11-fonts/Xg/Makefile
 Edit ports/x11-fonts/Xg/pkg-comment
Updating collection ports-base/cvs
Finished successfully
#####

I don't feel like I usually have problems with the ports system, so I'm
not sure what happened here. However, the problem at hand has been
solved. :)

	-mark

http://mark.stosberg.com/