Date:      Tue, 11 Dec 2001 12:46:55 -0800
From:      Lars Eggert <larse@ISI.EDU>
To:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Talking to a Palm over IR?

Hi,

first off, not sure if this should go here or on -questions; I figured
here, since it's mostly mobiles that have IR ports. Please tell me
whether I should move it over.

OK, here we go: Has anyone managed to connect to a Palm (m500, but it
should not matter) over Infrared? My IR port shows up as sio1, but no luck.

Or is IRDA support required, even though it looks like a serial port?
(Sorry, I'm clueless when it comes to IR.) In that case, I think NetBSD
just got some basic support for it.

Thanks,
Lars
--