Date:      Thu, 13 Sep 2001 05:58:48 GMT
From:      "Eric P Liedtke" <jesus@musinghalfwit.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   IDE Question

To preface I know it's silly and I should be using scsi, but all I have
laying around is IDE, so that said. All I really need to know is how to
configure and IDE drive that is at a nonstandard address(?) I have a
promise ATA100 controller card in a box and would like to use the 5 HD's I
have around to play around with vinum. However after I did the MAKEDEV on
ad4,5,6,7 I noticed that looked the same in an ls -l as the ad0,1,2,3
drives. Question is how do I properly configure them in FreeBSD?
If you need more info please let me know.

Thanks in advance
Eric Liedtke