Date:      Fri, 25 Jan 2008 18:46:46 +1030
From:      Wayne Sierke <ws@au.dyndns.ws>
To:        Dantavious <dantavious@comcast.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Maildrop filtering issues

Derrick,

On Fri, 2008-01-25 at 00:22 -0500, Dantavious wrote:
> 	Hi all,
> I have a working Postfix Mailserver with maildrop installed. This mailserver
> is setup for virtual accounts. I would like to filter incoming mail using
> maildrop at the server. I followed all the docs that I could find out on the
> net concerning this setup. What I have done so far is.
>
> Created a  .mailfilter in the /home/vmail file that points to the .mailfilters
> file.
>
>  less .mailfilter
> xfilter "/usr/local/bin/spamc"
> # Check for user defined filter file
> exception {
> logfile $HOME/.maildrop.log
> include "$HOME/mailfilters/$LOGNAME"
>
> }
>

> In my "$HOME/mailfilters//$LOGNAME"/ , I have a user@domain.net mailfilter
> file that looks like this.
>
> if (/^From:.*dantavious@comcast\.net/)
> {
>
> exception {
>   to "$DEFAULT/.Comcast/"
>   }
>
> }
>

> All messages sent here does not go into the .Comcast folder but in my inbox. I
> also do not get any entires in the maildrop.log that i setup. Does anyone
> have this setup and working. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

"include" specifies a filename, according to the maildropfilter(7) page
I've got here. It's not clear how these match each other:

        include "$HOME/mailfilters/$LOGNAME"

        In my "$HOME/mailfilters//$LOGNAME"/ , I have a user@domain.net mailfilter
>         file that looks like this.

I had always found logging to be somewhat temperamental when I was
setting up maildrop some years ago. I haven't messed with my .mailfilter
settings much lately apart from adding filters for new mailing lists,
but I just un-commented my old logfile line and it started working
immediately:

        logfile "${HOME}/maillog.log"

Check directory/file permissions/ownership?

If you can't resolve it you'd do better taking this to the maildrop
mailing list I'd wager.

Wayne