Date:      Fri, 18 Apr 1997 09:57:06 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        nate@mt.sri.com (Nate Williams)
Cc:        dennis@etinc.com, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Price of FreeBSD (was On Holy Wars...)

> Uhh, yeah.  You want stability, then you can't have 'brand-new'
> features.  You can't have it both ways.
>
> To put it into a scenario you might understand.
>
> : I want to beta-test your newest product before it's released
> : publically, but it better be *rock* solid since I need your latest
> : driver to handle the huge network loads I'm using.  And, I'll complain
> : if it makes my machine unstable.

That looks like what he actually wants, as opposed to what he says
he thinks he wants.

Why can't the latest driver work in a rock solid system, or why
can't a rock solid driver work in the latest system?  A beta user
accepts some risk, but they shouldn't have to risk everything.

					Rgards,
					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---